- Affordable Luxury Online
- » Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
PureBuy Terms & Conditions
- Payment Methods
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations 2007
- Waste Battery Collection
- Customer Service
All prices include VAT (where applicable) unless otherwise stated
Our Order Obligations
If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price, if the item(s) has been charged and not dispatched we will cancel and refund your order.
Your first order with us must be delivered to the billing address provided. If the billing address cannot be confirmed as belonging to your credit/debit card or payment account then the order will be canceled and money refunded. These measures are required to protect ourselves and others from fraud.
We accept the following payment methods.
Paying By Card
You can pay using Debit/Credit cards through our secure checkout by choosing either the Pay Pal or Google checkout option. If you do not have or want to create Pay Pal or Google accounts then you can checkout as a guest.
All payment information is transferred via secured connections and we will not store your card details on our servers.
Pay Pal Express Checkout
|If you don't want to pay by card or you don't want to share your payment details with us then you can pay with PayPal. With PayPal you can use your existing PayPal account, register for a new one or pay by card without creating an account.|
PayPal is trusted worldwide
- More than 50 million member accounts and growing
- Used across the world in 190 countries and regions
- Widely accepted on merchant websites, preferred on eBay
Google wallet allows you to checkout using debit or credit cards, quickly and securely and without sharing your payment details with us. You can sign in with your Google account, continue through the checkout without one or register for a new account.
PureBuy provides you with a cooling-off period of seven working days in which to cancel the contract, starting from the day after he goods are received, without having to give a reason.
By law there are some exceptions to these rights of cancellation, we will not take returns for the following types of item...
- Sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened
- Customised goods or perishable goods
- Sales by auction
- Contracts for the provision of accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services, where these services are supplied on a specific date or for a specific period
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased from PureBuy
- We make no charge for returns - there is no restocking fee
- Returned goods must be unused and need to arrive back to us undamaged.
- Your refund may take up to 10 working days to appear as cleared funds
- If the original payment was via PayPal we will credit the PayPal account that the order was placed with.
How should items be returned?
We recommend you use recorded delivery or registered post to return items so as to cover yourself against loss.
Who pays the postage on returned Items?
- If you return something due to it not fitting or not being suitable, you will need to pay the postage costs to return it to us.
- If you return something due to it being faulty we will refund up to £15 carriage. If your return exceeds this amount please contact email@example.com and we can arrange collection for you.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and could differ from the actual product.
The products sold on the Site are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, PureBuy do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from PureBuy
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations 2007
WEEE Regulations 2006 - http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/uksi_20063289_en.pdf
33. A distributor who supplies new EEE shall make information available to users of EEE in private households on-
- the requirement on each member State under Article 2 of the Directive to minimise the disposal of WEEE as unsorted municipal waste and to achieve a high level of collection of WEEE for treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal;
The WEEE regulations are European law, and the UK is required to increase the amount of WEEE being treated and recovered in an effort to stop it going into landfill sites. PureBuy promote the disposal of electrical equipment in the correct manner. Please see www.recycle-more.co.uk for more information.
PureBuy are obliged to inform our customers about the collection and take back systems available to them
PureBuy offers a take-back scheme for electrical equipment covered by the WEEE regulations. A private household customer can return WEEE to us after purchase of new equipment providing it meets the following criteria.
- is of equivalent type to, and
- has fulfilled the same function as the purchased equipment.
Some types of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) are exempt from the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations. They include the following equipment:
- Equipment that does not use electricity through battery or mains supply to fulfil its main function.
- Equipment that is part of another type of equipment that is not covered by the WEEE Regulations. However, other waste regulations may apply to them, for example the End-of-Life Vehicle Regulations cover the electrical components of vehicles.
- Equipment designed to protect the UK’s national security.
- Filament light bulbs.
- Household light fittings of any kind.
- Large industrial tools, permanently fixed in industrial machinery or an industrial location.
- High-voltage equipment that is designed for use with a voltage rating exceeding 1,000 volts AC or 1,500 volts DC.
- Contaminated medical implants and medical equipment.
- Spare parts that are used to repair EEE.
Consumables for EEE, such as printer cartridges, are also exempt. However the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Regulations may still apply to them.
The take-back scheme is not available to items purchased by businesses or for business use.
The customer will pay for the carriage of any WEEE to PureBuy at which point we will dispose of the WEEE for no charge.
Our role in contributing to the reuse, recycling and other forms of recovery of WEEE under these Regulations
Equipment sent back to use will be disposed of/recycled in accordance with WEEE regulations.
Records of disposal of WEEE will be kept for 4 years.
The potential effects on the environment and human health as a result of the presence of hazardous substances in EEE
The following links contain facts which explain that WEEE contains hazardous substances which can be dangerous to human health. Any information provided to customers on WEEE will require some facts about the potential harmful effects of WEEE on the environment to be displayed. Some WEEE can contain hazardous substances, and that if this WEEE is put into landfill sites the substances can pollute soil and water supplies. This pollution can have a hazardous effect of human health and the environment.
The meaning of the crossed out wheeled bin symbol shown in Schedule 4.
Essentially the crossed out wheelie bin symbol informs consumers that any product marked with the symbol was made after 13th August 2005. Products marked with this symbol are classed as WEEE when they are no longer needed, and should be disposed of separately to household waste.
Waste Portable Battery Recycling
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, we are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries.
Waste Batteries should be handed to us in person at PureBuy, BigStorage, Fence Avenue, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 1LW. Please do not post waste batteries to us.
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.
Please note, we cannot accept industrial or automotive batteries
If you have any questions or queries then best way to contact us is by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to answer all emails within one working day.